If you’re looking for a place to hit the slopes on your next holiday, Italy should be at the top of your list.
Why Book Your Ski Holiday in Italy?
Skiing in Italy is must-do for anyone looking for the winter adventure of a lifetime. The country is a ski lover’s paradise, home to spectacular alpine scenery, world-class ski hills, and impressive resorts that people of all ages and skill levels can enjoy.
For chic couples’ getaways, action-packed family vacations and everything in between, look no further than Italy’s remarkable north. There’s so much to see and do, and booking a custom trip package is one of the best ways to experience Italy’s top ski areas at a pace that best suits you.
Top Destinations for Skiing in Italy
From the UNESCO recognized Dolomites to the hidden alpine gems of Trentino Alto-Adige and South Tyrol, here is where you’ll find some of the best skiing in Italy:
One of Italy’s top ski resorts for beginners and families is Passo Tonale, located between the northern Italian regions of Lombardy and Trentino in the scenic Rhaetian Alps. It’s also a part of the larger Adamello ski area.
Passo Tonale is a great choice for beginner and intermediate skiers and families. This is because it offers good value for access to a wide range of slopes, with many of the village’s hotels located at their base for easy access.
- Can ski on the slopes of the Presena Glacier at an elevation of 3,000m.
- Area offers 100 km of ski slopes with modern lifts.
- Ski season lasts from fall until late spring.
Cortina d’Ampezzo, known as the “Queen of the Dolomites” is the perfect place for a chic and romantic ski getaway in Italy. This small and sophisticated town in Veneto hosted the 1956 Winter Olympics and is known for its breathtaking mountain backdrop, elegant boutiques, and world-class ski facilities, which are located in the famous Dolomiti Ski Area.
Cortina’s 120 km of slopes can be enjoyed by skiers and snowboarders of all skill levels, while cross country, freestyle, sledding, and curling facilities exist for those looking for some extra winter fun. It’s one of Europe’s oldest ski resorts and one of the best ski towns in northern Italy!
- Offers three separate ski areas: Cinque Torri-Lagazuoi, Tofana-Socrepes and Faloria-Cristallo.
- Chic town centre features high-end accommodation options, and elegant restaurants and shops.
- Can experience panoramic mountain views from the ski slopes and town centre.
Situated in the breathtaking Aosta Valley, Cervinia is one of Italy’s most stunning alpine resorts with snow-capped mountains and an impressive international network of high-altitude slopes that connect the resort to the Plateau Rosa and Zermatt resorts in Switzerland.
Cirvinia sits on the sunny side of the Matterhorn mountain and in addition to excellent skiing, offers a number of wonderful restaurants on the mountain where visitors can relax and enjoy some great food and wine.
- Ski area is easily accessible from the town centre.
- One of Europe’s highest ski resorts, with consistent snowfall and year-round skiing on the Plateau Rose glacier.
- Connected to the Klein Matterhorn peak in Switzerland – the highest place in Europe that can be reached by transportation.
The scenic ski village of Corvara sits in the heart of the Dolomites and is a part of the sunny Alta Badia ski area – a top destination for family-friendly ski holidays in Italy. Corvara offers 38 slopes and direct access to the circular Sella Ronda ski route, which loops around the incredible Sella Massif.
Corvara is also the largest of a group of villages that make up the Alta Badia ski area, with a relaxed and charming atmosphere and extraordinary natural surroundings around the town centre.
- Striking views of the Sassongher peak from the town below.
- Family-friendly village with local slopes that are great for beginners.
- Part of the Alta Badia ski area which offers 130 km of well-maintained slopes.
Custom Ski Holidays with Savour Italy Tours
Make the most of your ski vacation with a custom Italy ski package that’s tailored to you. Our Italy experts will take the hassle out of planning and create you a personalized itinerary that features a perfect mix of skiing and downtime, with hand-picked accommodations, transportation, and more.